Hi there! I’m Esther, the Creative Designer and Owner here at Momode Stitches. I live in British Columbia, Canada with my husband, Adeleye and two children, Momore and Korede. Our children are the real inspiration behind what I do and so, the brand name “MOMODE” was coined from their names.
Sewing is something I enjoy doing. As a teenager, I used to assist my eldest sister who runs a sewing business back in Lagos, Nigeria. Over the years, I have been designing and making my own clothes and I also enjoy seeing my creations on others.
When I am not drafting patterns, I am probably:
- Being a mum to my two kids
- Sewing garments for clients, family or indulging in some selfish sewing
- Twisting my hair or that of my daughter
- Listening to inspiring songs or podcasts
- Relaxing with family or having fellowship with church friends
If you care to know more about me, here are a few other facts about me:
- I am an introvert with a very small circle of friends
- I am an accomplished educator with a background in Biochemistry
- I love singing
What We Stand For/ Sustainability
We are committed to making our clients and customers feel confident and fabulous in every outfit handmade by us. In order to cut down on typical inventory issues that lead to waste, we operate on a made-to-order model. Every MOMODE piece is hand-made right here in Canada in our Abbotsford home studio with meticulous attention to detail and the finest quality fabrics and finishing. We strive to keep our pieces out of the landfill for as long as possible.
We strongly believe that no one has succeeded until they have experienced the joy of touching other peoples’ lives. This is why we give back! One of the ways we currently do this is by supporting a non-profit and non-governmental organisation based in Nigeria, Africa called Golden Oasis Spring Foundation. A percentage of our business profit goes to this organization. Every time you support our business, you are touching the lives of the indigent in Nigeria by helping GOSPRING Foundation to:
- Provide school uniforms to pupils attending public schools in Nigeria
- Equip young girls with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prevent teenage pregnancy and sexual exploitation